This weekend eight GMH volunteers came together for the second annual volunteer retreat, hosted at the lovely Hadfield cottage on Stag Island.
The retreat was a great chance for our widely dispersed volunteer base to connect and bond. We were able to review and reflect on our past 5 years. We had long spirited discussions about what we want to achieve in the future, as well as the strategies and plans we’ll use to achieve them.
It wasn’t all business though.
- Mazen whipped up crowd pleasing meals for the crew.
- Rodger joined us via video conference, and eloquently led a discussion on the future of GMH’s data policy with enjoyable passion.
- Julia brought lots of fun, laughs, and life to the party.
- Graeme constructed a serious fire for the Saturday night festivities.
- Olivia, GMH’s awesome new Administrative Director, seamlessly slid into more of lead role, directing activities and leading discussions.
- Tobe, our newest volunteer, took some time away from thesis writing to join us – and was always ready for fun and brought a great energy for bringing the group together.
- Stephanie flew in all the way from Atlanta, and shared a great deal of knowledge about Ghana, grants, and charitable experiences.
- Lastly, Kelly managed the entire event while simultaneously battling an illness and working multiple other focus demanding tasks. Luckily for the volunteers Kelly has a stubbornly persistent positive attitude and love for her volunteer team.